Aims of the PACT 7-11 Follow-up study
We have lots of questions that we hope to answer with the PACT 7-11 follow-up study:
- How are the PACT children getting on and how are they developing in areas such as: language and communication, how they get along with others, their play, behaviour and interests, and their emotional wellbeing?
- What factors in the pre-school years have affected how children are doing now?
- How is family life and how is life for parents of a child with autism?
- What services are families accessing?
The Pre-school Autism Communication Trial was a randomised controlled trial of a parent-mediated communication intervention for young children with autism. It ran between 2006 and 2009 About PACT. 2017 - Winner of 'Outstanding Benefit to Society Through Research' award at The University of Manchester's Making a Difference for Social Responsibility awards for early parent-mediated intervention in autism, and its impact on families of children with autism. Another award for PACT!! 'Outstanding Social Innovation 2017'! PACT therapy training dates in Manchester for June, September and November, 2018. Exciting news - March 2018! Autistica UK are recommending that all local areas should have healthcare professionals accredited to deliver PACT. May 2018 - Highly Commended Award for Outstanding Contribution to Social Innovation at the University of Manchester's Making a Difference for Social Responsibility awards for our work on IMPACT! Professor Jonathan Green, Dr Kathy Leadbitter and Dr Carol Taylor were delighted to accept the award on behalf of the team.
The PACT 7-11 Follow-up study
Funded by the Medical Research Council, the PACT 7-11 study was a follow-up of families who were involved in the PACT Trial once the children reached 7-11 years. Find out more here: PACT 7-11 study Thanks to all the families who were involved in this phase of the project. We have managed to follow up an amazing 83% of the original PACT families. We are excited to announce our results (26 October 2016); you can read more information here. The full text Lancet 2016 article is here & Professor Jonathan Green's Medical Research Council blog is here.
What's new - PACT-G study
The PACT-G study will assess whether the PACT-G therapy can help children to generalise any improvements in social communication across a range of settings. January, 2017 news here. February, 2018 news - we are pleased to announce that Professor Jonathan Green has been awarded the NIHR Senior Investigator Award. Read more here.
Get in touch - PACT-G study
- Meet the team who are involved with the PACT-G study.
- You can contact the trial office at any time. Please email us at PACT-G@manchester.ac.uk or call us on 0161 275 5969.
- See the latest PACT 7-11 study newsletters
- See details of the latest publications
- See videos of the research lead, Professor Jonathan Green, discussing the PACT trial and its results.
- Latest news - Professor Jonathan Green's blog and podcast.