Annual MCAST training programmes have been running for the last ten years, usually held in Manchester. Any forthcoming trainings will be detailed below, or please register your interest via the Contact Us details if you would like to be informed of future training workshops.
We also run occasional MCAST advanced/refresher training workshop, a 2-day interactive workshop designed for those who are using the MCAST already, or have not used the MCAST for some time and would benefit from a refresher.
We can also sometimes provide training for small or large groups internationally - please contact us if you are interested.
- There are no planned MCAST trainings for 2016 in Manchester.
- To be added on our mailing list to learn about future trainings, please email us.
About the MCAST workshop
The MCAST workshop is a 3 day intensive workshop suitable for professionals who wish to use the MCAST for research or clinical practice.
- An introduction to the conceptual background to the method
- Training in its administration
- Training in the coding system
- Details of MCAST research findings and discussion on the application of the MCAST
- Question and answer session with Professor Jonathan Green, the originator of the MCAST, focusing on clinical experience and other discussion on application
- All necessary course materials, including the MCAST procedural manual, MCAST coding manual, coding forms and other materials
Following the workshop, participants receive a certificate of attendance and, having submitted a video of your own MCAST administration, participants are then in a position to use the instrument in general clinical practice or administer it in research.
A coding reliability test is included in the cost of the course, which is necessary to pass if you are to code, analyze and report research data; as well as to report formal MCAST findings in clinical work, for instance to courts. All video materials and individual feedback are provided.
A certificate of MCAST accredited rater is issued when the reliability test is passed.
See: Manchester Child Attachment Story Task Three-day training workshop (doc, 48KB)
The fee of £850 includes the following:
- 3-day workshop, and manuals and other training materials
- Lunches and refreshments
- Post-training MCAST administration check(s) and feedback(s)
- Post-training MCAST reliability testing material and feedback
The fee does not include cost of accomodation. The training will take place at the University of Manchester, which is easily accessible from Manchester city centre. If you require any assistance regarding the arrangement of accomodation, please do contact us.
Registration and payment are now open and can be completed through a single process through E-Store.
Payment ensures confirmation of your place and programme information will be sent in due course. For any enquiries (including group discounts), please contact Dr Ming Wai Wan: email@example.com