Manchester Breast Centre
All breast cancer researchers in the Centre for Women's Cancer are embedded within the Manchester Breast Centre (MBC). The MBC is an inclusive and highly collaborative organisation incorporating all basic and clinical breast cancer and breast biology researchers in Greater Manchester.
Currently MBC researchers come from two University of Manchester faculties:
- Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences
(Institute of Cancer Sciences, Institute of Human Development, Institute of Population Health and the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work);and
- Faculty of Life Sciences (single School faculty)
Three key NHS Foundation Trusts are also actively involved in leading BC research:
- The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
- Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CMFT); and
- University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust (UHSM) which is also the site of The Nightingale Centre and Genesis Breast Cancer Prevention Centre
Since its inception in 2005 the virtual MBC environment has resulted in numerous successful collaborations within Manchester, across the UK and internationally.