The research at PSSRU at the University of Manchester is organised under the following programmes:
- Assessment, Performance and User Satisfaction PSSRU has undertaken research on areas of assessment practice in social care, evaluating UK Government policy on social care, the use of performance measurement by local authorities and user satisfaction in social care for older people.
- Care/Case management and care coordination
PSSRU has a long tradition of service evaluation and service development in relation to care coordination and case management. The studies reported here cover case management in the NHS and care management in social care.
- Service arrangements and integration
The studies reported here cover old age mental health services, dementia care and a range of other issues such as hospital discharge and balance of care.
- NIHR Programme Grant: National trends and local delivery in old age mental health services: towards an evidence base
PSSRU has led several studies of the organisation and operation of old age mental health services. More recently an NIHR programme grant has served to develop this area of activity.
- NIHR Programme Grant: Effective Home Support in Dementia Care: Components, Impacts and Costs of Tertiary Prevention
An NIHR programme grant to PSSRU and partners aims to investigate and evaluate different models of home support for people with dementia and their carers.