Commissioning Home Care for Older People
This study was designed to explore local authority arrangements for commissioning home care for older people. It was envisaged that developing an understanding of current practice would provide evidence to inform decisions about the most effective approaches. Areas of enquiry included:
- components of commissioning arrangements;
- changes over time; and
- associations between different approaches to commissioning and local authority level service outcomes.
PSSRU Project Team
- Jane Hughes, Senior Research Fellow
- David Challis, Professor of Community Care Research
- Helen Chester, Research Associate
- Karen Davies, Research Associate
- Sue Davies, Research Associate
- Elizabeth Dalgarno, Research Assistant
- Amy Roberts, Research Assistant
The United Kingdom Home Care Association is provided advice to the study.