Bone and Vitamin D disorders
Research in the Bone field has led to the development of childhood standards for bone density measurement and has involved international intervention trials for Vitamin D supplementation.
Current work includes
- Use of high resolution peripheral CT to study bone densitometry and architecture.
- International trials of enzyme replacement therapy in hypophosphatasia.
- Genetic causes of childhood osteoporosis.
- Pathogenic mechanisms in rare bone disorders.
- Bone health in system disease and genetic disorders such as Neurofibromatosis type I.