What we do
The Paediatric centre will deliver research in priority areas of child health that will lead to improvements in the health and welfare of all children.
The research will include:
- basic science approaches
- identification of mechanisms of disease
- early and later phase clinical trials
- psychosocial approaches to disease management.
Academic strengths in Paediatrics and Child Health, led by internationally recognised clinicians and scientists, include:
Research infrastructure and assets
- Medicines for Children Local Research Network hosted within Royal Manchester Children's Hospital (RMCH) and a Paediatric Local Specialty Group within the Greater Manchester Comprehensive Local Research Network
- NIHR Wellcome Trust Children's Clinical Research Facility located in RMCH
- Approximately 100 NHS consultants in 25 paediatric specialties, with many units having active service-related research projects