- Newborn Hearing Screening
Loaded with information, protocols etc.
- Early Support Project
The DfES initiative on early support – good resource for support materials for parents of children with special needs.
- Positive support project
A project to look at what factors help deaf children to reach their full potential.
- Deafness at birth
Information and training resource for professionals working with deaf babies and their families.
There are others e.g. BACDA (Community Doctors in Audiology) BAAP (Audiological Physicians), but these are the key ones relevant to children’s hearing aid services:
- British Association of Teachers of the Deaf
- British Academy of Audiology
- British Society of Audiology
- British Association of Educational Audiologists
- National Deaf Children’s Society
NDCS quality standards and other publications available.
- Royal National Institute for Deaf People
- The Ewing Foundation website
Video resources available and help from technicians and consultants.
- The Ear Foundation
A great resource for training courses.
- Mary Hare Training
Training and support for professionals