"Health Psychology and Manchester" event
Members of the Manchester Centre for Health Psychology (MCHP) have organised an event to introduce Health Psychology to the public and to increase understanding of health-related behaviour and how we can help people live healthier lives in Manchester. Attendees will participate in a variety of interactive and fun activities exploring psychological aspects of health and illness, including current research being conducted in MCHP by students and staff.
Activities will include:
- A selection of MCHP research posters and short presentations
- Craft stations for making your own Health Psychology posters
- Table-top games and activities introducing Health Psychology concepts
- An interactive lecture where the audience can quiz MCHP researchers about different health priorities
- Psychology and higher education careers advice
- Registration table with information booklets and freebies
Who can attend?
This event is open to people living and working in Manchester, primary and secondary school groups, and professionals working to improve the health of people in Manchester.
Where and when is the event?
June 30th 2017, 1pm to 3.30pm (*Note this has been rescheduled from the original date May 26th 2017)
"The Hub", Zochonis Building on Dover Street (just off Oxford Road), University of Manchester (number 60 on the campus MAP)
How to register?
Please register for this free event here: REGISTER
We have a small budget to contribute to travel costs to attend this event but this is on a first-come, first-serve basis and receipts will need to be given to receive this payment. We are unable to pay for coach hire but we can organise parking at the University if you contact us directly.
If you have any questions about attending the event please contact Debbie Smith at: