The Centre for Integrated Genomic Medical Research (CIGMR) offers services to collaborators that includes study design, sample collection, processing and storage using state-of-the-art equipment. They have also developed and tested techniques and processes backed by a high commitment to quality through ISO 9001/2008 certification. The Centre enters into academic research collaborations and also works on a service basis.
CIGMR provides expertise in areas such as:
- Genetic study design and data analysis
- Ethics committee applications
This is alongside access to comprehensive high throughput laboratory facilities including a range of:
- Genotyping platforms
- Core DNA sequencing and microarray transcriptomics
- DNA extraction and archiving
- Human leukocyte antigen (HLA) tissue typing
The Centre enters into both academic research collaborations and works with industry on a service basis. CIGMR also fulfils a wide range of training needs in post-genome science, including postgraduate students and clinical research fellows, and currently houses over 50 scientists working in a multidisciplinary research environment.
CIGMR provides genotyping in four main areas (Microsatellite genotyping on Applied Biosystems (ABI) 3100 platforms is routinely performed for human and mouse microsatellite markers):
- Microsatellite typing
- SNP typing
- MHC (major histocompatibility complex) genotyping (animals only)
- Reference Strand Conformational Analysis (RSCA)
- Real time PCR
- Biobanking at CIGMR CIGMR Biobank offers a high-quality ISO9001:2008 certified sample Biobanking service. CIGMR store, manage and distribute DNA and other biological samples relating to many large epidemiological and translational studies. All procedures are conducted under ISO9001:2008 certified quality assurance. Biobanking staff are happy to discuss how we can help you manage your sample collection.