- Comedy gig kicks off a psoriasis awareness week that’s no laughing matter
A high profile comedy night in Manchester will use humour to raise awareness of a serious subject as it kicks off the biggest ever Psoriasis Shout Out® – a week of events (18-24 June) organised by The University of Manchester.
- Health system fails to prepare patients for reality of psoriatic arthritis
In a new University of Manchester study, people with psoriatic arthritis have told researchers about the condition’s deeply damaging mental effects and how healthcare services failed to prepare them for its reality.
- Young patients help lead fresh approach to skin conditions
Young people with severe acne, atopic eczema and psoriasis are working with scientists to find out how they can stop these conditions having a major impact on their lives.
- World Psoriasis Day: Film celebrates patient poetry
A moving poem written by a person with psoriasis has been turned into a film by Manchester’s Psoriasis Shout Out® initiative, to raise awareness of the inflammatory skin condition on World Psoriasis Day (29 October).
- New drug can clear all psoriasis symptoms
A University of Manchester led trial of a new psoriasis drug has resulted in 40 percent of people showing a complete clearance of psoriatic plaques after 12 weeks of treatment and over 90 percent showing improvement.
- New findings support University bid for bandages to enter the electronic age
The most detailed study to date showing how electrical stimulation accelerates wound healing has been carried out in 40 volunteers by University of Manchester scientists.
- Breast implants could become safer thanks to cell-friendly surface
Scientists at The University of Manchester have created an enhanced surface for silicone breast implants which could reduce complications and make them less likely to be rejected by the body.
- Researchers investigating how stress can influence the appearance of our skin
The University of Manchester is asking for volunteers to have the quality of their skin analysed by a high specification camera – which will reveal exactly how many lines and wrinkles they may have!
- Event gets under the skin of cosmetics and personal care research
Some of the biggest companies in cosmetics and personal care got together with leading researchers from The University of Manchester at an event held on 26 January, to find out how research and industry can join up more effectively.
- University part of global declaration on skin health
The University of Manchester has played a leading role in the creation of a new global declaration to tackle the serious problems caused by poor skin health.
- Peanut in house dust linked to allergy in children with skin gene mutation
A new study by The University of Manchester, working with colleagues at King’s College London and the University of Dundee, has found a strong link between exposure to peanut protein in household dust during infancy and the development of peanut allergy in children genetically predisposed to a skin barrier defect.
- Photography talent takes University of Manchester researcher to NIHR conference
A research assistant from the Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences’ Institute of Inflammation and Repair has gained a place at the NIHR INVOLVE conference later this year thanks to her photography skills.
- Alliance Boots and The University of Manchester renew partnership
Five year skin research programme to help further develop the understanding of skin ageing.
- Global Experts Gather for 2014 Manchester Skin Health Summit
For the first time, ageing and dermatology experts and global thought leaders have come together to promote skin health as a critical component of active and healthy ageing.
- University dermatologists take on burning issues at Manchester Airport
Experts from The University of Manchester's Dermatology Centre are teaming up with the Teenage Cancer Trust at Manchester Airport this month, to educate passengers on how to stay safe in the sun and the dangers of skin cancer, as part of the charity’s annual Shunburn campaign.
- See Psoriasis: Look Deeper event launches the Manchester Psoriasis Shout Out!
On Monday 28th April, the See Psoriasis: Look Deeper campaign held a reception at the Manchester Town Hall as the first event of the Manchester Psoriasis Shout Out!
- GPs need better training to improve outcomes for patients with psoriasis
GPs need enhanced training to help them to manage patients with the complex, long term condition psoriasis which affects 1.8 million people in the UK, experts from The University of Manchester argue.
- Flaky fashionista offers tips on dressing with psoriasis
A Dublin-based fashion blogger has teamed up with skin experts from The University of Manchester and Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust to run a special fashion to raise awareness of living with the skin condition psoriasis.
- Manchester Psoriasis Shout Out – raising awareness of the skin condition psoriasis
Patients, researchers, doctors and nurses are teaming up to organise a fashion show, poetry evening and flash mob dance as part of a series of events around Greater Manchester to raise awareness of the skin condition psoriasis.
- The Manchester Psoriasis Shout Out!
The University of Manchester is hosting the ‘Manchester Psoriasis Shout Out’ from 28 April to 2 May- a roadshow and series of events to raise awareness of the condition psoriasis.