The Centre for Biostatistics runs a series of free training workshops to disseminate new statistical methodology to researchers in the Faculty and wider University.
Presentations from previous workshops are available to download or access below.
- October 2014: Current Challenges in Statistical Medical Prediction
- May 2013: Introduction to Clinical Trials (zip file, 2106KB)
- February 2013: Dr Richard Emsley for Methods@Manchester - What is causal inference?
- February 2013: Dr Steve Roberts for Methods@Manchester What is a power calculation?
- January 2013: Dr Roseanne McNamee for Methods@ManchesterWhat is confounding?
- July 2012: Estimating treatment effects in observational studies (zip file, 383KB)
- May 2012: Biomarkers and the evaluation of treatment effect mechanisms in personalised medicine (zip file, 521KB)
- April 2012: Analysing experience sampling and momentary assessment data: an introduction to multilevel modelling (zip file, 1072KB)