Information for researchers
Requesting help from the PRIMER group
- The Group meets every 6-8 weeks and has two slots available at each meeting for researchers to present their emerging ideas for research and to gain advice on how to develop a project specific strategy for involving the public in their work
- If you are a researcher or postgraduate student at the Centre for Primary Care and would like to attend a meeting, please complete the following form, and return to Claire Planner
- If you are not part of the Centre, we may still be able to offer help (though please be aware that we prioritise Centre for Primary Care projects and may not be able to give project specific feedback to those outside the Centre). Please complete this form and send it to Claire Planner.
Attending a PRIMER meeting
- If you have booked a slot to meet with the PRIMER group, you will need to read this guidance before attending (which includes a checklist of what to prepare). You will be asked to complete a Plain Language Summary of your project which is circulated to members at least 14 days prior to the meeting.
Attending a Public Involvement clinic
- Every Friday we run our regular clinic which is hosted by one of our Centre PPI leads. If you are looking for advice about incorporating PPI into your study you can request a slot by contacting Claire Planner. We suggest you take a look at our recommended resources beforehand so that you get the most out of the session.
- We are currently running the following courses for University of Manchester staff which can be booked here
- Introduction to Public Involvement (next session date tbc)
- Masterclass 1: Setting up a Public Involvement Group (next session on the 25th January 2016)
- Masterclass 2: Communication skills in Public Involvement (next session date tbc)
- Masterclass 3: Designing and delivering innovative public involvement events (next session date tbc)
- If you are not a member of staff at the University of Manchester but would like to book us to deliver one of the courses please contact Claire Planner
Financial support for developing PPI activities