Study Coordinators Advisory Network (SCAN)
The Study Coordinators Advisory Network (SCAN) meet on a monthly basis to discuss best research practice at the Centre for Musculoskeletal Research. The group was set up in 2009 and members include research assistants, study/trial coordinators and research governance officers. Research administrators from across MAHSC are also welcomed, along with any members of the Unit who express an interest in the group’s remit.
To date, SCAN has:
- Designed and implemented a research governance database to record details of every study within the Unit.
- Developed Standard Operating Procedures
- Compiled a comprehensive induction pack for new-starters
- Formed splinter-groups to look at various issues e.g., data protection, questionnaire consistency and standardisation of forms.
- Reported regularly to the Senior Management Team (SMT) on SCAN activities with a view to improving Unit-wide research practice
- Made links with internal and external agencies including the UK CRN, the Wellcome Trust, MAHSC, NWPiR, MFT and other NHS Trusts within the region.